Common License

5.01.2018

MY EXPERIENCE IN LONDON

Hello Followers!

Today I have the pleasure of sharing with all of you one of the best stages of my life: my life in London. In 2012, after finishing my studies, I decided to go to London to learn English and finally I stayed there for almost two years.

But the best point of this post is that I will tell you this story through a new tool: Flipgrid.
Also, I have used a learning community where students can go to share ideas and learn together.  It was created by Jon SmithThis is "Twima8: The World is my Audience", the one shared for a teacher to get other teacher responses.

After downloading the app, students must enter the teacher´s code and Click on the Topic. Once they´ve introduced the code they´ll see college responses and they can add their own by clicking on the + button. 

Flipgrid is a website that allows teachers to create "grids" of short discussion-style questions that students respond to through recorded videos. Each grid is effectively a message board where teachers can pose a question and their student can post a video response that appears in a tiled "grid" display.
Grids can be classes, sections, groups of students...  Each grid can hold an unlimited number of questions, and each question can hold an unlimited number of responses. Questions are short, text-based prompts (similar to Twitter) that can include links to websites or documents.

This task has been my first experience with this app and I would like to say that it's amazing.
I think it's so useful and I don't have any doubt about I will use in the future with my students.

You can use Flipgrid to further classroom conversations by assigning questions as homework and then continue the conversation in class the next day. We can use it in a math class to ask students to describe the process they used to solve a complex problem or in a Natural Science experiment.

Here you can visit my #twima 8 - We All Have A Story! video








Here, you can visit the whole Grid where you can find the stories of my classmates.



As you can see I have shared my work on twitter too.



No comments:

Post a Comment